01 NCAC 05A .0102 SCOPE
The program administered by the Division of Purchase and Contract shall be based on sound competitive purchasing procedures, sound management of personal property, and the economical disposal of State property; and shall include the following where public funds are involved:
(1) acquisition of equipment, materials, and supplies, for all agencies;
(2) acquisition of all printing, rentals, leases and services for all agencies, except for community colleges and local school administrative units;
(3) making purchasing services available to non‑state agencies identified in G.S. 143-49 and 143-49.1;
(4) establishment and enforcement of purchase specifications;
(5) inspection and testing of products;
(6) review of agency purchasing and warehousing practices to ensure compliance with operating rules and procedures established by the SPO.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑49; 143-49.1; 143-53; 143‑56; 143‑60;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. February 27, 1979;
Amended Eff. February 1, 1996; July 1, 1987;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 23, 2016.