01 NCAC 09 .0502 APPLICANT REVIEW
The following procedures apply to the State Clearinghouse review of projects prepared by applicants:
(1) Applicants preparing applications for funding under a program subject to the North Carolina Intergovernmental Review Process are required to submit completed Notification of Intent to Apply for Assistance, CH‑1 Form, to the State Clearinghouse, 116 West Jones Street, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27611.
(2) The Notification of Intent to Apply Form should be completed and forwarded to the State Clearinghouse at least 30 days prior to the anticipated submittal date to the federal funding agency or by the time specified by the federal agency.
(3) The State Clearinghouse will forward a copy of the notification to interested state agencies and the respective regional clearinghouse(s) serving the project area for review and comment by state and local officials. The State Clearinghouse will notify the applicant of the date of receipt of said form and the anticipated completion date of the review.
(4) In the event that problems which may require consultation with the applicant or with state agencies to propose alterations to the project are identified, the applicant will be given a status report within 30 days of receipt of the notification and an estimate of the additional time the review will require.
(5) In cases where state agencies or local officials submit conflicting comments the State Clearinghouse will attempt to seek a coordinated position between the conflicting entities.
(6) The applicant and the federal agency shall be notified in writing of any substantive comments received by the State Clearinghouse on his project. The applicant is requested to attach the State Clearinghouse review statement to the application which is to be submitted to the federal funding agency.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑341; Federal Executive Order 12372;
Eff. December 1, 1983.