01 NCAC 30E .0103 DEFINITIONS
For purposes of this Subchapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Capital Projects Coordinator" means the individual authorized by each funded agency to coordinate all capital improvement projects and related matters with the State Construction Office and to represent that agency on all matters presented to the SBC. The individual so designated for purposes of these rules may have other titles within the individual's agency but shall carry out the duties assigned herein to the Capital Projects Coordinator. Whenever the Capital Projects Coordinator is referenced herein, it shall be understood to include a designated assistant or representative. Concerning evaluation of designers, or consultants the Capital Projects Coordinator is responsible for the agency's evaluation of each phase of the project as well as the overall designer's or consultant's evaluation.
(2) "Project Designer" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other legal entity licensed to practice architecture, engineering, or landscape architecture in the State of North Carolina. The designer or consultant shall be responsible for the performance of all his consultants. Accordingly, the evaluation of the project designer will include evaluation of the work of all consultants who are included in the designer's contract with the funded agency.
(3) "Consultant" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other legal entity selected for planning and studies of an architectural and engineering nature associated with a capital improvement project. The consultant must be licensed to practice architecture or engineering in the State of North Carolina.
(4) "Funded Agency" means the department, agency, authority or office that is named in the legislation appropriating funds for the design and/or construction project.
(5) "Owner's Representative" is an individual appointed by the using agency to represent the using agency on all user‑related matters. The owner is the representative of the using agency as defined in Rule .0103(9) of Subchapter 30D ‑ State Building Commission Designer Selection Procedures.
(6) "Professional Services" means those services within the scope of the practice of architecture, engineering, landscape architecture or surveying as defined by the public laws of North Carolina.
(7) "Scope Statement" means a written description of the capital project that is to be designed. Normally the scope statement shall reflect the written project description as contained in the project cost estimate validated by the State Construction Office.
(8) "Evaluation Form" is the form to be used for all designers' or consultants' evaluations. The form shall be developed and approved by the State Building Commission and is the only approved document for this purpose; it may be reproduced by the agencies as required.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑135.25; 143‑135.26;
Eff. October 1, 1988;
Amended Eff. May 1, 1990.