01 NCAC 30I .0305 STATE CONSTRUCTION OFFICE RESPONSIBILITIES
On State Construction Projects, the State Construction Office shall:
(1) Attend the scheduled prebid conference, if requested, to clarify requirements of the General Statutes regarding minority-business participation, including the bidders' responsibilities.
(2) Review the apparent low bidders' statutory compliance with the requirements listed in the proposal, if the bid is to be considered as responsive, prior to award of contracts. The State may reject any or all bids and waive informalities pursuant to G.S. 143-129.
(3) Review minority business requirements at the Preconstruction conference.
(4) Monitor contractors' compliance with minority business requirements in the contract documents during construction.
(5) Resolve protests and disputes arising from implementation of the minority business participation outreach plan, in conjunction with the HUB Office.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-128.3(e);
Eff. February 1, 2006.