SUBCHAPTER 35B – STATE EMPLOYEES COMBINED CAMPAIGN
SECTION .0100 - ORGANIZATION
01 ncac 35B .0101 definitions
The following definitions shall apply:
(1) "Administrative Expenses" means costs for reporting and informational activities related to business management that are neither educational, direct conduct of program services, nor fund-raising services.
(2) "Audit" or "Audited Financial Statement" shall mean an examination of financial statements of an organization by a Certified Public Accountant ("CPA"), conducted in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, to determine whether, in the CPA's opinion, the statements conform with generally accepted accounting principles or, if applicable, another comprehensive basis of accounting.
(3) "Campaign Contribution" means the amount of funds received from a contributor.
(4) "Campaign Fiscal Year" shall be January 1 through December 31 of each year.
(5) "Campaign Solicitation Organization" or "Solicitation Organization" means the regional contacts for fund-raising.
(6) "Campaign Solicitation Period" means the period between August 1 and December 31 of each year in which solicitations will be conducted.
(7) "Charitable Organizations" means any Independent Organization or Federation approved to solicit contributions in accordance with the rules of this Subchapter.
(8) "Federation" or "Federated Group" means a group of voluntary charitable human health and welfare agencies organized for purposes of supplying common fund-raising, administrative, and management services to its constituent members.
(9) "Fund-raising" or "Solicitation Activities" means the act of soliciting contributions, gifts, and grants; participating in federated campaigns; maintaining donor mailing lists; and preparing and distributing fund-raising manuals, instructions and other materials.
(10) "Fund-raising Consultant" means a consultant as defined in G.S. 131F-2(10).
(11) "Fund-raising Expenses" means the total cost incurred from all activities that constitute, or are an integral and inseparable part of, an appeal for financial support.
(12) "Fund-raising Solicitor" means a solicitor as defined in G.S. 131F-2(19).
(13) "Independent Organization" or "Independent Charitable Organization" means a singular voluntary charitable agency.
(14) "Member Charitable Organization" means an Independent Organization that is organized under a Federation or Federated Group.
(15) "Program Services Expenses" means costs for those activities that the reporting organization was created to conduct which fulfill the purpose or mission for which the organization exists, exclusive of fund-raising and administrative expenses, and which, along with any activities commenced subsequently, form the basis of the organization's current exemption from tax.
(16) "SECC Advisory Committee" or "Advisory Committee" means an appointed committee that serves as an application point for all Charitable Organizations applying to participate in the SECC.
(17) "State Employee Combined Campaign" or "SECC" shall be the official name of the state employee charitable fund-raising drive.
(18) "Statewide Campaign Organization" means the organization contracted to manage the SECC's administrative operations.
(19) "Undesignated Funds" means solicitated funds received in which the designee is not stated or that has not been approved through the SECC application process.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-340(26);
Eff. April 1, 2020.