01 NCAC 35B .0202 Content of application
(a) The Independent Organization or Federation seeking inclusion in the SECC shall submit an application to the Statewide Campaign Organization. The application shall include:
(1) the name of the Independent Organization or Federation;
(2) name and title of a contact person;
(3) contact person's telephone number and email address;
(4) calculation of fund-raising and administrative costs; and
(5) a signed certification of compliance with the eligibility standards listed in Rule .0203 of this Section.
(b) The Independent Organization or Federation seeking inclusion in the SECC shall submit with the application the attached documentation:
(1) a letter from the Independent Organization or Federation signed by a voting member of the Board of Directors requesting inclusion in the SECC;
(2) a certification of compliance from the Independent Organization or Federation signed by Board of Director or agent authorized to sign documents on behalf of the organization. A Federation shall submit certifications for each of a Member Charitable Organization;
(2) a description of services provided and service area of the organization;
(3) documentation showing the percentage of the organization's total support and revenue that is allocated to administration and fund-raising, to include;
(A) copies of the organization's annual report;
(C) brochures; or
(D) fact sheets.
(4) a signed copy of the Independent Organization or Federation's IRS 990 form. If the Independent Organization or Federation is not required to file the form with the IRS, they shall submit pages one and two of the completed form with an annotation on the document that it is for SECC purposes only. The IRS 990 form shall cover the same fiscal year and, if revenue and expenses on the two documents differ, these amounts shall be reconciled on an accompanying statement by the CPA who completed the financial audit or review. The SECC shall reject any application from the Independent Organization or Federation with fund-raising and administrative expenses in excess of 25 percent of the total revenue, unless the organization demonstrates to the SECC Advisory Committee that its actual expenses for those purposes are reasonable under all the circumstances of the case and specifies steps the organization shall take to accomplish a reduction within the next fiscal year. The percentage shall be computed from the information on the IRS 990 form by adding the amount spent on management and general expenses to the amount spent on fund-raising and dividing the resulting total by total revenue;
(5) a current copy of the Independent Organization or Federation's Charitable License issued by the NC Secretary of State; and
(6) a current copy of the certificate of existence, for domestic corporations, or certificate of authorization, for foreign corporations, issued by the NC Secretary of State.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-340(26);
Eff. April 1, 2020.