01 NCAC 41B .0104 DEFINITIONS
For the purposes of this Chapter, the following definitions apply:
(1) Terms used herein that are defined in G.S. 143-64.17 shall have the same definitions as in G.S. 143-64.17.
(2) "Agency." A North Carolina State governmental unit that is soliciting, through a Request for Proposals (RFP), to enter into a guaranteed energy savings contract.
(3) "Annual reconciliation statement." A report disclosing shortfalls or surplus between guaranteed energy and operational savings specified in the guaranteed energy savings contract and actual energy and operational savings incurred during each 12 month term commencing from the time that the energy conservation measures became fully operational.
(4) "Contract." A guaranteed energy savings contract.
(5) "Offer." The response to an RFP means the same as "bid" or "proposal."
(6) "Investment grade audit" or "investment grade analysis." A cost-benefit analysis of energy efficiency investments including a review of potential cost savings through operation and maintenance changes.
(7) "Life-cycle cost analysis." A method for estimating the total cost of an energy-using component or building over its useful life, including cost factors such as purchase price, or construction, renovation, or leasing costs, energy use, maintenance, interest, and inflation.
(8) "Measurement and verification review." An examination of energy measures installed under each contract, using methodology to measure the operation of energy-using systems before and after change, to verify the performance and savings of the installed equipment.
(9) "Qualified provider." A person, business, or organization experienced in the design, implementation, and installation of energy conservation measures and determined by the administering and contracting agencies to have the capability in all respects to fully perform the contract requirements.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143-64.17F; 143-64.17H; 143-64.17A(c1);
Temporary Adoption Eff. August 1, 2003;
Temporary Adoption Expired April 27, 2004;
Eff. July 1, 2004.