02 NCAC 20B .0104 ADMISSION RULES
(a) All persons entering the North Carolina State Fair grounds must pay the established admission fee except persons holding worker's permits, or persons admitted via special promotion. One-time-only, or fair-length admissions may be issued to those persons who are employed by the Fair or are asked to appear on the grounds by the Fair management for a specific purpose relative to the operation of the fair.
(b) The gates of the North Carolina State Fair shall be open to visitors on the following schedule during the fair:
(1) Opening Thursday 3:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
(2) Both Fridays and Saturdays 8:00 a.m. until midnight
and the second Thursday
(3) All other days 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m.
Exhibit buildings shall be open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. daily, except for opening Thursday when the buildings will open at 4:00 p.m.
(c) The State Fair Manager may operate a pass-out system at one or more of the outside gates. Persons exiting through these gates may, upon request, have their hand or vehicle stamped for readmittance through the same gate without additional charge. Readmittance must occur before 10:00 p.m. on the same day as pass-out or the hand stamp shall not be honored.
(d) Outside gate admission prices are as follows:
(1) adult/child, 13 years of age and over $9.00
(2) child, 6 through 12 years of age $4.00
(3) military, with valid ID $5.00
(4) senior citizen, 65 and over Free
(5) child, under 6 years of age Free
(e) Outside gate admission prices for advance ticket sales are as follows:
(1) adult/child, 13 years of age and over $7.00
(2) child, 6 through 12 years of age $3.00
(3) senior citizen, 65 and over Free
(4) child, under 6 years of age Free
(5) adult group sales purchasing a minimum of 40 tickets $5.00
History Note: Authority G.S. 106-503;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. July 13, 2014; August 16, 2010; February 1, 2007; July 1, 2000; October 1, 1993; June 1, 1989; July 1, 1985; April 1, 1984;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 19, 2015.