02 NCAC 43G .0103 MINIMUM EXHIBITS
(a) All commercial agricultural fairs shall be required to have the following minimum entries, but this shall not be construed as a limitation on the number of the entries which such fairs may have:
(1) three 4‑H clubs, or Future Farmers (FFA) or Future Homemakers (FHA) of America, or other high school or college vocational displays;
(2) three extension homemaker, or commodity group, or farm organization, or individual displays;
(3) three displays of community, or educational or industrial, or civic, or volunteer group activities;
(4) five items of farm, lawn, or garden machinery or equipment (new or antique) on display;
(5) fifteen entries of field crops such as tobacco, corn, soybeans, peanuts, wheat, hay (or ensilage), cotton, sorghum, oats, barley, rye, etc.;
(6) twenty entries of horticultural crops such as apples, peaches, pears, grapes, sweet potatoes, Irish potatoes, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, peas, beans, squash, okra, pumpkins, melons, tree nuts, etc.;
(7) twenty entries of food conservation such as canned fruits, vegetables, pickles, jams, jellies, preserves, juices, etc.;
(8) ten entries of baked goods such as cakes, pies, breads, cookies, candies, etc.;
(9) twenty entries of handicrafts such as needlepointed, crocheted, knitted, crosstitched, or embroidered, etc.;
(10) ten entries of clothing in women's, men's, youth, and infant apparel, etc.;
(11) twenty entries in arts, crafts, photography, or hobbies, etc.;
(12) ten entries of flowers, such as singles, arrangements, potted plants, hanging baskets or dried flowers; and
(13) ten entries of live animals such as dairy cattle, beef cattle, swine, goats, sheep, horses, mules, poultry, rabbits, or wildlife.
(b) There shall be provided adequate facilities for housing the exhibits, eating places, drinking fountains and rest rooms, and these facilities shall meet health standards imposed by the State of North Carolina.
(c) There shall be a minimum of 50 exhibitors, but each exhibitor shall be eligible to enter as many categories as desired. The number of exhibits shall be at least 150 in agricultural or related classes.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑520.3;
Eff. August 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. July 1, 1983; May 1, 1983;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 23, 2017.