02 NCAC 48A .0611 PROGRAM PARTICIPATION AND PAYMENT OF FEES
All cotton farm operators in the state are hereby required to participate in the eradication program. Participation shall include timely reporting of acreage and field locations, compliance with regulations, and payment of fees. Farm operators within the elimination zone shall be notified through the extension offices or newspapers of their program costs on a per acre basis on or before March 15.
(1) Growers are to report all planted cotton by completing a Cotton Acreage Reporting Form and paying a per acre fee at the ASCS office by July 1 of the current growing season.
(2) The fee is nonrefundable and is to pay for the program's estimated costs as determined by the Commissioner, but will not exceed nine dollars ($9.00) per acre.
(3) Growers not reporting planted cotton to ASCS by July 1 of the current growing season will be assessed a three dollar ($3.00) per acre penalty.
(4) Growers under‑reporting by more than ten percent of the actual planted acreage, as determined by ASCS, will be assessed a penalty of three dollars ($3.00) per acre on all acreage in excess of the reported acreage.
(5) All acreage for which fees have not been paid on or before July 15 of the current growing season will be assessed a three dollar ($3.00) per acre penalty.
(6) Fees and penalties shall be made payable to the North Carolina Department of Agriculture.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑65.74; 106‑65.77; 106‑65.88; 106‑65.91;
Eff. January 1, 1985;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1993; May 1, 1992; January 1, 1991; June 1, 1990.