02 NCAC 48A .0702 REGULATED ARTICLES
The following articles are regulated articles:
(1) the imported fire ant (Solenopsis invicta Buren, Solenopsis richteri Forel) in any living stage of development;
(2) soil, compost, decomposed manure, humus, muck and peat, separately or with other things;
(3) plants with roots with soil attached, and/or roots and rhizomes of plants with soil attached (example: sweet potatoes);
(4) grass sod;
(5) hay and straw;
(6) logs, pulpwood, and stumpwood;
(7) used mechanized soil‑moving equipment;
(8) any character whatsoever, not covered by Items (1) to (7) of this Rule, when it is determined by an inspector that they present a hazard of spread of imported fire ant and the person in possession thereof has been so notified.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑65.45; 106‑65.46; 106‑284.18; 106‑420;
Eff. January 1, 1985.