02 NCAC 48A .0706 EXEMPTIONS
The following regulated articles are exempt from certification and permit requirements from all regulated areas under the applicable conditions prescribed in Items (1) to (6) of this Rule:
(1) soil samples of one pound or less which are packaged so that no soil will be spilled in transit and are consigned to laboratories operating under compliance agreement;
(2) soil samples of any size collected and shipped to any U.S. Army Corps of Engineers soil laboratory;
(3) compose, decomposed manure, humus and peat, if dehydrated, ground, pulverized, or compressed;
(4) logs and pulpwood, provided, the loading site has been treated;
(5) stumpwood, if free of excessive amounts of soil, provided, the railroad loading site has been treated and the stumpwood is consigned to a designated plant;
(6) used mechanized soil‑moving equipment, if cleaned and repainted;
(7) material being safely transported to a U.S. Department of Agriculture approved laboratory.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑65.45; 106‑65.46; 106‑284.18; 106‑420;
Eff. January 1, 1985.