SECTION .0800 ‑ POTATO VIRUS Y
02 NCAC 48A .0801 DEFINITIONS
The following definitions will apply to this Section:
(1) Potato Virus Y (PVY). The plant virus known as potato virus Y which is the causal agent of veinbanding of tobacco;
(2) Infestation or Infected Plant. The presence of the virus as determined by serological or host reaction tests;
(3) Inspector. Any authorized employee of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, Plant Industry Division, or other person authorized by the Commissioner of Agriculture to enforce the provisions of this quarantine;
(4) Regulated Areas. Any civil division and parts of civil divisions in the United States from which the importation of regulated articles into North Carolina is prohibited;
(5) Regulated Articles. Plants, plant products or insects capable of harboring or transmitting potato virus Y which are listed in these Regulations.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑65.45; 106‑65.46; 106‑284.18; 106‑420;
Eff. January 1, 1985.