02 NCAC 48A .1008 NOTIFICATION OF INTENT TO IMPORT CERTAIN VEGETABLE PLANTS
(a) Any person, firm, partnership or corporation who intends to transport pepper plants (Capsicum sp.) into this state where all or a portion of the resulting pepper crop is intended for sale, shall notify, on forms supplied by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, Plant Pest Administrator, of such an intent before any shipment of such plants enters this state.
(b) Notification shall include:
(1) name and address of importer;
(2) type of vegetable plant to be imported;
(3) name and address of transplant grower;
(4) number of plants to be brought into North Carolina;
(5) approximate date of importation of plants;
(6) intended use of plants;
(7) other information as may be required by the Plant Pest Administrator, Plant Industry Division.
(c) The information contained in the notification will be evaluated by the Plant Pest Administrator, Plant Industry Division, who will advise the importer as to the ability of the transplant grower to meet the certification standards of this Section as determined by a certifying agency of the state‑of‑origin of the plants.
(d) Pepper plants (Capsicum sp.) that are imported into this state in violation of this Rule are subject to the penalties outlined in 2 NCAC 48A .1006.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑65.45; 106‑65.46; 106‑284.18; 106‑420;
Eff. January 1, 1985.