02 ncac 48A .1102 DEFINITIONS
For the purpose of this Section, the following shall be construed respectively to mean:
(1) Certifying Agency. An officially recognized inspecting or certifying agency whose standards have been determined by the Commissioner of Agriculture to conform to the standards contained in this Section;
(2) Certified Tobacco Plants for Transplanting. Plants which have been tagged or labeled so as to indicate that such plants have been grown under the certification procedures of the certifying agency;
(3) Certificate of Inspection. An official tag or label of the officially recognized inspecting or certifying agency indicating that the plants have been inspected by an authorized agent of such agency and found to conform to the appropriate standards as established by law and by these Rules;
(4) Standards. As applied to tobacco plants standards shall include freedom from injurious insects, diseases, nematodes, and other pests or the damage caused by same and means the standards with respect to these as established and fixed in these rules;
(5) Scientific Permit. A document issued by the Plant Pest Administrator to allow the movement of tobacco plants in violation of this Section for experimental or scientific purposes;
(6) Inspector. Any authorized employee of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, Plant Industry Division, or any other person authorized by the Commissioner of Agriculture to enforce the provisions of this Section;
(7) Tobacco Plant Import Permit. A document issued by the Plant Pest Administrator to allow the importation of tobacco transplants;
(8) Emergency Conditions. Any plant bed failure due to but not limited to environmental conditions or pest infestations of a local or general nature.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑65.45; 106‑65.46; 106‑284.18; 106‑420;
Eff. April 1, 1985.