02 NCAC 48A .1110 STANDARDS
(a) All tobacco plants shall meet the requirements of all applicable state and federal plant pest quarantines.
(b) All certified tobacco plants offered for sale or imported under permit into North Carolina shall meet the following requirements:
(1) The soil in the beds in which the plants are to be grown shall be fumigated under plastic cover with methyl bromide (minimum 60 percent in formulation at the rate indicated on the label for tobacco transplant beds).
(2) All plants shall be field inspected a maximum of five days prior to their being offered for sale in North Carolina.
(3) All plants shall be found apparently free from all injurious plant pests including but not limited to insects, diseases and nematodes.
(4) All plants shall be apparently free of blue mold, target spot, black shank, Granville wilt, Fusarium wilt, virus diseases and root knot nematodes.
(5) To aid in ensuring apparent freedom from injurious plant pests, the grower shall make full use of all compatible and approved pest control practices during the growing of the transplants.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑65.45; 106‑65.46; 106‑284.18; 106‑420;
Eff. April 1, 1985;
Amended Eff. April 1, 1997; June 1, 1991.