02 NCAC 48A .1704 REGULATED ARTICLES
The following articles are regulated under the provisions of this Section:
(1) Soil, compost, peat, humus, muck, decomposed manure, sand, and gravel, either separately or mixed with other articles; except that potting soil commercially prepared and free of noxious weed seed, packaged and shipped in original containers is not a regulated article;
(2) Nursery stock including growing media (houseplants grown in a home and not for sale are excluded);
(3) Grass sod;
(4) Used mechanized soil‑moving equipment, cultivating equipment and harvesting machinery, except when decontaminated and cleaned free of soil;
(5) Hay, straw, or other material of a similar nature;
(6) Any means of conveyance of any noxious weed when such conveyance is determined by the Administrator to present a hazard of spread of noxious weeds and the person in possession of such conveyance has been so notified.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106‑420;
Eff. December 1, 1991.