SUBCHAPTER 52J ‑ ANIMAL WELFARE SECTION
SECTION .0100 ‑ RECORD KEEPING AND LICENSING
02 NCAC 52J .0101 records; animal shelters, etc.
Operators of all animal shelters, pet shops, public auctions, and dealers shall maintain records on all dogs and cats showing the following:
(1) origin of animals (including names and addresses of consignors) and date animals were received;
(2) description of animals including species, age, sex, breed, and color markings;
(3) location of animal if not kept at the licensed or registered facility;
(4) disposition of animals including name and address of person to whom animal is sold, traded or adopted and the date of such transaction; in the event of death, the record shall show the date, signs of illness, or cause of death if identified; if euthanized, the record shall show date and type of euthanasia; and
(5) record of veterinary care including treatments, immunization and date, time, description of medication (including name and dosage), and initials of person administering any product or procedure.
History Note: Authority G.S. 19A-24;
Eff. April 1, 1984;
Amended Eff. January 1, 2005; April 1, 1985.