SECTION .0200 - DEFINITIONS
02 NCAC 52K .0201 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Subchapter:
(1) "Agricultural fair" or "fair" means a fair required to be licensed by the Commissioner of Agriculture pursuant to G.S. 106-520.3.
(2) "Animal contact exhibit" means any exhibit at an agricultural fair where there are animals displayed for the purpose of petting, holding, feeding, or other physical contact by humans, including but not limited to, petting zoos, pony rides and poultry handling exhibits.
(3) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Agriculture or the Commissioner's authorized representative.
(4) "Department" means the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(5) "Transition area" means the area between an animal contact exhibit exit and the closest hand-washing station.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106-520.3A;
Eff. September 1, 2006.