SECTION .0200 ‑ WATERSHED APPLICATIONS
02 NCAC 59C .0201 APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The consideration of an application for planning assistance through P.L. 566 shall follow these steps:
(1) Application received by the commission.
(2) Field examination and study made by watershed planning staff and representatives of other agencies to determine feasibility of the project.
(3) Representatives of the commission, and other agencies meet with local people in order to:
(a) outline local responsibilities in watershed program:
(i) inform local people of the project,
(ii) acquire necessary easement,
(iii) provide maintenance,
(iv) share cost on project;
(b) explain need for legal organization.
(4) Commission representatives attending such meeting provide a written report to the commission regarding pertinent information secured during meeting.
(5) Consideration of recommendations requested from the appropriate fish and wildlife agency, provided that the commission receives such recommendations within 30 days after the request.
(6) The commission reviews the application, and either approves or disapproves it.
(7) Application assigned high or low priority by the commission.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106-840; 139‑4(d);
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Temporary Amendment [(4)(a)] Eff. March 17, 1982 for a Period of 120 Days to Expire on July 14, 1982;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1982; July 14, 1982; December 5, 1980; November 1, 1978;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 06C .0201 Eff. May 1, 2012;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 19, 2015.