SECTION .0300 ‑ SMALL WATERSHED PLANS
02 NCAC 59C .0301 PROJECTS INVOLVING CHANNELIZATION
The commission will evaluate the necessity of channelization in watershed improvements or drainage projects after the completion of a preliminary report. The following process will be used:
(1) The project sponsors shall notify the commission of the completed report.
(2) The commission shall establish a date for a public hearing and designate a hearing officer(s) and a reporter in accordance with the requirements of G.S. 139‑47(b).
(3) A notice of the hearing shall be published.
(4) During the hearing all parties will be provided an opportunity to present written or oral submissions. A complete record will be kept of the hearing. The parties have 30 days to submit their conclusions.
(5) The hearing officer(s) reports to the commission and the channelization is approved or disapproved in accordance with the regulations of G.S. 139‑47.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106-840;
Eff. September 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1984;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 06C .0301 Eff. May 1, 2012;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 19, 2015.