02 NCAC 60B .0204 RURAL FIRE DEPARTMENT FUNDING
The U.S. Secretary of Agriculture allocates funds to the states through the U.S. Forest Service. The funds for North Carolina are allocated to rural fire departments by the Division of Forest Resources using federal guidelines. The following procedure is used to allocate grants:
(1) The division notifies all fire departments listed by the Insurance Commissioner's office of fund availability and of eligibility requirements.
(2) A staff committee is appointed by the Director of Forest Resources to evaluate and approve requests in conformance with legislative intent of the program as set forth in the National Guidelines promulgated by the U.S. Forest Service.
(3) All requests are received, evaluated and priorities established using an evaluation system that conform to federal guidelines.
(4) Upon approval fire departments are notified of the amounts allocated to them from the funds available to North Carolina.
(5) Fire departments which are not funded are also notified and given reasons why they did not receive an allocation.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106-22; 143B‑10;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. November 6, 1980;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1984;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 09C .0206 Eff. May 1, 2012;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 19, 2015.