02 ncac 60B .0402 TECHNICAL SERVICES
(a) Technical forestry services shall be provided to forest landowners, forest products operators and processors upon request. These services consist of the following:
(1) Services provided without charge:
(A) examination of a forest tract (accompanied by the owner or agent);
(B) recommendation of forest management systems that best meet the desires and objectives of the owner, that are compatible with good forestry practices and that protect the environment;
(C) assistance in locating markets for timber and other forest products (pine straw, chips);
(D) assistance to operators and processors in locating raw material supplies and markets for their products; and
(E) assistance to processors to help increase their conversion efficiency from logs to manufactured products.
(2) Services provided for a fee:
(A) marking and estimating timber for partial harvest or for other silvicultural purposes; and
(B) custom forestry services such as site preparation, prescribed burning, tree planting, etc. (see 15A NCAC 09C .0600).
(b) Services not furnished by the Division. Requests for these services usually shall be referred to consulting foresters. These are:
(1) timber cruises and estimation of timber volume or value made for timber sale or inventory purposes;
(2) damage appraisals, except by court order;
(3) trespass investigations, except by court order;
(4) quotation or establishment of prices on stumpage or cut timber; and
(5) property line location and marking.
History Note: Authority G.S. 106-22; 106-1001; 143B-10;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Readopted Eff. November 6, 1980;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2002; October 1, 1984;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 09C .0402 Eff. May 1, 2012.