SECTION .0300 ‑ TELEPHONE MEMBERSHIP CORPORATIONS
04 NCAC 08 .0301 DEFINITIONS
For the purposes of this Section, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Commercial Mobile Radio Service Provider (CMRS)" means a carrier whose wireless network is connected to the public switched telephone network.
(2) "Competing Local Provider (CLP)" means a telephone company that competes with the already established local telephone company by providing its own network and switching.
(3) "Domestic corporation" means a telephone membership corporation (TMC) established in the State by G.S. 117 to render its services to its members only in the territory assigned to it by the Authority.
(4) "Domesticated corporation" means a foreign TMC created under G.S. 117 to serve members within a defined area in the State whose main charter is in another state.
(5) "Interconnection Agreement" means the negotiation of agreements and subsequent amendments between requesting telecommunications carriers (such as CLPs or CMRS providers) and TMCs for interconnection services or network elements pursuant to Section 251 of the Act.
(6) "Tariff" means a schedule of charges imposed on members of the TMC by the TMCs.
History Note: Authority G.S. 117-2(12); 117-28; 47 CFR 20.3; 47 U.S.C. 251; 47 U.S.C. 252;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. March 1, 2014;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 23, 2015.