04 NCAC 10F .0104 Billing Code Sets
Billing codes and modifier systems identified below are valid codes for the specified workers' compensation transactions, in addition to any code sets defined by the standards adopted in 04 NCAC 10F .0103:
(1) "CDT-4 Codes" that refers to the codes and nomenclature prescribed by the American Dental Association.
(2) "CPT-4 Codes" that refers to the procedural terminology and codes contained in the "Current Procedural Terminology, Fourth Edition," as published by the American Medical Association.
(3) "Diagnosis Related Group (DRG)" that refers to the inpatient classification scheme used by CMS for hospital inpatient reimbursement.
(4) "Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System" (HCPCS) that refers to a coding system which describes products, supplies, procedures, and health professional services and that includes CPT-4 codes, alphanumeric codes, and related modifiers.
(5) "ICD-9-CM Codes" that refers to diagnosis and procedure codes in the International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification published by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
(6) "ICD-10-CM/PCS" that refers to diagnosis and procedure codes in the International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Edition, Clinical Modification/Procedure Coding System.
(7) National Drug Codes (NDC) of the United States Food and Drug Administration.
(8) "Revenue Codes" that refers to the 4-digit coding system developed and maintained by the National Uniform Billing Committee for billing inpatient and outpatient hospital services, home health services, and hospice services.
(9) "National Uniform Billing Committee Codes" that refers to the code structure and instructions established for use by the National Uniform Billing Committee (NUBC).
History Note: Authority G.S. 97-26(g1); 97-80;
Eff. July 1, 2014.