04 NCAC 15 .0124 MOVEMENT OF VESSELS
(a) All vessels carrying ammunition, liquified gas, or other explosive material designated class "A" by federal law or regulation:
(1) that are inbound shall calculate their estimated time of arrival at the sea buoy between the hours of thirty minutes before sunup and one hour before sunset if designated for Sunny Point and two hours before sunset if designated for the Wilmington docks.
(2) that are outbound shall not sail earlier than thirty minutes before sunup and not later than one hour before sunset if bound from Sunny Point and two hours before sunset if bound from the Wilmington docks.
(3) shall sail only under such weather and tide conditions that will permit safe passage.
(4) may be permitted in case of emergency to sail during nighttime hours with the approval of the commission or its designated agent. Such a request with the emergency reasons shall be made immediately in writing to the commission. The commission or its designated agent may prescribe special conditions for such movement.
(5) shall obtain written permission from the Coast Guard before entering the Wilmington docks.
(b) All vessels not subject to Paragraph (a) may sail when ready at all hours, weather and tide conditions permitting, in the sole discretion of the pilot.
History Note: Authority G.S. 76A‑1; 76A‑5;
Eff. December 1, 1985.