04 NCAC 19L .0911 RECORDKEEPING
(a) The Secretary of the Department of Commerce, the Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, or any of their duly authorized representatives shall have access to all books, accounts, records, reports, files, and other papers or property of recipients or their subgrantees and contractors pertaining to funds provided under this Subchapter for the purpose of making surveys, audits, examinations, excerpts and transcripts.
(b) All Community Development Program records that are public under G.S. 132 shall be made accessible to interested individuals and groups during normal working hours, and shall be maintained at all times at the recipient's local government office.
(c) Financial records, supporting documents and all other reports and records required under this Subchapter, and all other records pertinent to the Community Development Program shall be retained by the recipient for a period of five years from the date of the closeout of the program, except as follows:
(1) Records that are the subject of audit findings shall be retained for five years or until such audit findings have been resolved, whichever is later;
(2) Records for nonexpendable property which was acquired with Federal grant funds shall be retained for five years after its final disposition;
(3) Records for any displaced person shall be retained for five years after he/she has received final payment;
(4) Records pertaining to each real property acquisition shall be retained for five years after settlement of the acquisition, or until disposition of the applicable relocation records in accordance with Subparagraph (3) of this Section, whichever is later; and
(5) If a litigation, claim or audit is started before the expiration of the five-year period, the records shall be retained until all litigations, claims, or audit findings involving the records have been resolved.
(d) All records shall be sufficient to determine compliance with the requirements and primary objectives of the Community Development Block Grant Program and all other applicable laws and regulations. All accounting records shall be supported by source documentation and shall be in compliance with Rule .0906 of this Section.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑10; 143B‑431; 42 U.S.C.A. 5304(d)(2),(e); 24 C.F.R. 570.490;
Eff. July 1, 1982;
Amended Eff. August 1, 1998; June 1, 1993; September 1, 1990; May 1, 1988; April 1, 1983;
Temporary Amendment Eff. January 1, 2001;
Amended Eff. August 1, 2002.