04 NCAC 19O .0402 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applications for Operations/Services funds must show that:
(1) All funds received will be expended within 180 days of the date of the grant award;
(2) Funds used for the provision of essential services:
(a) Total 15 percent or less of the entire Operations/Services grant amount;
(b) Are used to provide either a new service or a quantifiable increase in the level of service;
(3) Matching resources required by the federal government will be available during the period of the grant;
(4) Each shelter assisted with ESGP Operations/Services funds will remain in existence as a shelter for a period of at least three years from the date of occupancy as a shelter or from the date of the grant award, whichever is later, or longer if Rule .0502(c)(2) of this Subchapter applies;
(5) The federal restrictions on the use of federal funds by primarily religious organizations will be met. These include restrictions against religious discrimination and proselytizing.
Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be rated or funded.
History Note: Filed as a Temporary Rule Eff. October 1, 1987, for a period of 180 days to expire on March 29, 1988;
Authority G.S. 143‑323; 143B‑10; 24 C.F.R. 575;
Eff. March 1, 1988.