04 NCAC 19O .0502 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applications for Rehabilitation funds must show that:
(1) Matching resources required by the federal government will be available during the period of the grant;
(2) All funds will be obligated within 180 days of the date of the grant award and expended within 360 days of the date of the grant award;
(3) Federal requirements for continuation of service will be met. These include:
(a) Shelters renovated with ESGP funds shall remain in existence as shelters for three years after initial date of occupancy as a shelter or the date of the grant award, whichever is later;
(b) Shelters on which major rehabilitation or conversion is undertaken with ESGP funds shall remain in use as shelters for ten years after initial occupancy as a shelter or the date of the grant award, whichever is later;
(4) The federal restrictions on the use of federal funds by primarily religious organizations will be met. These include restrictions on religious discrimination and proselytizing;
(5) No building to be assisted with ESGP funds is owned by a primarily religious organization; and
(6) The grantee will comply with all applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to the use of federal funds in rehabilitation activities.
Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be rated or funded.
History Note: Filed as a Temporary Rule Eff. October 1, 1987, for a period of 180 days to expire on March 29, 1988;
Authority G.S. 143‑323; 143B‑10; 24 C.F.R. 575.33;
Eff. March 1, 1988.