04 NCAC 19Q .0102 DEFINITIONS
The following terms shall apply to the rules of this Subchapter:
(1) "Act" means the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act, P.L. 100‑77, as amended.
(2) "Applicant" means a local government which makes an application pursuant to the provisions of this Subchapter.
(3) "ESGP" means the state‑administered Emergency Shelter Grants Program.
(4) "Local Government" means any unit of general city or county government in the state.
(5) "ECD" means the North Carolina Department of Economic and Community Development.
(6) "Recipient" means a local government that has been awarded an ESGP grant and has executed a Grant Agreement with ECD.
(7) "Secretary" means the Secretary of the Department of Economic and Community Development or his designee.
(8) "Shelter" means an individual facility with the capacity to provide overnight lodging whose purpose is to assist homeless persons through activities funded under this Subchapter. For purposes of this program, the term "shelter" excludes substance abuse rehabilitation centers.
(9) "State" means the State of North Carolina.
(10) "Subrecipient" means a nonprofit service‑providing agency that a recipient contracts with to carry out services and activities funded under this Subchapter.
(11) "Obligated" means the recipient or subrecipient has placed orders, awarded contracts, or performed similar transactions that require payment from the ESGP grant amount.
(12) "Expended" means purchases have been made, deliveries received, or costs incurred for goods and services to be paid with ESGP funds.
History Note: Filed as a Temporary Amendment Eff. March 12, 1990, for a period of 180 days to expire
on September 8, 1990;
Filed as a Temporary Rule Eff. March 6, 1989 for a period of 180 days to expire on
September 2, 1989;
Authority G.S. 143‑323; 143B‑10; 24 C.F.R. 576.3; P.L. 100‑77;
Eff. August 1, 1989.