04 NCAC 19Q .0402 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applications for ESGP funds must be complete and show that:
(1) The application was duly authorized by the local governing body, or that such authorization is imminent.
(2) Grant funds will be expended by a shelter as defined in Rule .0102 of this Subchapter.
(3) Funds will be expended within 180 days of the date of the grant award.
(4) Funds used for the provision of essential services:
(a) Total 20 percent or less of the entire Operations/Services grant amount and;
(b) Are used to provide either a new service or a quantifiable increase in the level of service.
(5) All federal requirements will be met, including:
(a) Matching Resources ‑ 24 CFR 576.71;
(b) Nondiscrimination ‑ 24 CFR 576.79(a).
(6) The subrecipient must continue operation as an emergency shelter for at least one year after the date of the grant award.
History Note: Filed as a Temporary Rule Eff. March 6, 1989 for a period of 180 days to expire on
September 2, 1989;
Authority G.S. 143‑323; 143B‑10; 24 C.F.R. 576;
Eff. August 1, 1989.