04 NCAC 24A .0205 FEES FOR COPIES AND SERVICES
(a) Search Fees:
(1) The fee for searching DES records by authorized staff shall be four dollars and forty cents ($4.40) for each one-quarter hour or fraction thereof required to obtain the records to be searched or to search the records.
(2) If the search for requested records requires transportation of DES staff to the location of the records, or transportation of the records to DES staff at a cost of more than five dollars ($5.00), the actual transportation costs shall be added to the search time cost.
(3) If the search for requested records requires batch processing by computer, the General Counsel or designee shall provide an estimate of DES's cost to produce the information to individual making the request. The amount of the estimate provided shall be based on the computer programming and other actions necessary for the batch processing. Upon consenting to the estimate provided by the General Counsel or designee, DES shall send an invoice for the actual cost of producing the requested information to the individual making the request.
(b) Reproduction Fees: The fees for obtaining copies of records shall be computed as follows:
(1) copying: one cent ($0.01) per page;
(2) transcription of hearing: three dollars and seventy-five cents ($3.75) per quarter hour or fraction thereof;
(3) recording of hearing: three dollars and seventy-five cents ($3.75) per compact disk or recording.
(c) No more than 10 copies of any document shall be furnished in response to any request.
(d) Administrative and Overhead Fees: The fee required for the time required for the General Counsel or designee to review a request and determine whether the request is authorized by G.S. 96-4 shall be five dollars and eighty-four cents ($5.84) for each one-quarter hour or fraction thereof. The overhead cost for processing and invoicing shall be four dollars and fifty cents ($4.50) per invoice.
History Note: Authority G.S. 96-4(x); 20 CFR 603;
Eff. July 1, 2015.