04 NCAC 24A .0502 INDIGENCY
(a) A party who is unable to provide payment assurance with a written transcript request pursuant to 04 NCAC 24A .0501 may proceed in forma pauperis. The party may obtain a transcript if the request is accompanied by a written affidavit stating that he or she is unable to advance the required costs, and proof pursuant to Paragraph (b) of this Rule.
(b) The Chief Counsel or designee shall authorize release of the transcript to an indigent party if the person submits the required affidavit and meets one or more of the following criteria:
(1) receives electronic food and nutrition benefits;
(2) receives Work First Family Assistance;
(3) receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI);
(4) is represented by a legal services organization that has as its primary purpose the furnishing of legal services to indigent persons;
(5) is represented by private counsel working on behalf of or under the auspices of a legal services organization in accordance with Subparagraph (4) of this Paragraph; or
(6) is represented by private counsel under a written agreement to provide pro bono legal services.
History Note: Authority G.S. 1-110; 96-4; 96-15;
Eff. August 1, 2020.