04 NCAC 24C .0207 RESCHEDULING A HEARING
(a) Either before or during a hearing, an Appeals Referee, on his or her own motion, or on the motion of a party, may continue or adjourn a hearing for "good cause" in accordance with 04 NCAC 24A .0105. In addition to the reasons set forth in G.S. 96-15(d1), a continuance or an adjournment, may be granted at the request of a party due to:
(1) illness of the party;
(2) death in the immediate family of the requesting party;
(3) a need to obtain an interpreter or translator;
(4) a religious observance;
(5) jury duty;
(6) actively seeking legal representation;
(7) court appearance unrelated to DES;
(8) active military duty;
(9) scheduling conflict created by new employment; or
(10) to accommodate the business needs of the employer.
(b) Before a hearing, requests for a continuance of the hearing shall be made to the designated Appeals Referee orally or in writing. The request for a continuance of a hearing shall specifically state and explain the reasons for the request.
History Note: Authority G.S. 96-4; 96-15;
Eff. July 1, 2015.