04 NCAC 24F .0203 ORAL ARGUMENTS
(a) Oral arguments shall be granted at the discretion of the Board of Review.
(b) A written request for oral arguments shall include the following:
(1) be directed to the Board of Review, North Carolina Department of Commerce by mail, facsimile, or email pursuant to 04 NCAC 24A .0104(l);
(2) be received within 15 days of the date on the notice acknowledging receipt of an appeal from an Appeals Decision; and
(3) contain a statement that a copy of the request was mailed or personally delivered to the opposing party, if one exists.
(c) If the request is granted, the Board of Review shall give written notice to each interested party to appear before the Board of Review.
(d) Notice to appear before the Board of Review to present oral arguments shall contain:
(1) the Higher Authority Decision docket number;
(2) the Lower Appeals Decision docket number;
(3) the identity of the party requesting oral arguments;
(4) the right of the non-requesting party to appear and present oral arguments;
(5) the date and time for oral arguments;
(6) the physical address where oral arguments are scheduled to be held; and
(7) each party's right to legal representation.
(e) The notice to appear for oral arguments shall be mailed to each party at least 14 calendar days before the date scheduled for arguments.
(f) Any request to reschedule oral arguments shall be sent by mail, fax, or email to the Board of Review pursuant to 04 NCAC 24A .0104(l), and to each party to the proceeding by mail, fax, or delivery service as defined under 04 NCAC 24A .0105. A request to reschedule oral arguments shall state the reason(s) for the request.
History Note: Authority G.S. 96-4; 96-15;
Eff. July 1, 2015;
Recodified from 04 NCAC 24C .0503 Eff. October 1, 2017.