(a)  The committee shall correct or update markers which are outdated because of new information, disappearance of structures, or relocation of highways.  The Department of Cultural Resources shall arrange for the relocation or correction.

(b)  Any person submitting the proposed correction must have knowledge or information of the erroneous marker or mistaken site, and must submit historical data to show such error or mistake.  The person submitting the proposed correction, upon written request, may appear before the Committee and present documentation of the error at its next scheduled meeting.  Proposed corrections may be submitted to:

Research Supervisor

Division of Archives and History

109 East Jones Street

Raleigh, North Carolina  27611


History Note:        Authority G.S. 121‑4(7); 136‑42.1,.3; 136‑43.1;

Eff. June 1, 1989;

Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. July 26, 2015.