07 NCAC 13A .0105 DEFINITIONS
The definitions in G.S. 143B-135.44 apply to this Chapter. The following words and phrases, which are not defined therein, are defined as follows:
(1) "Division" means the Division of Parks and Recreation;
(2) "Owner" means any person owning, leasing, or having the exclusive use of any property;
(3) "Permits" means any written document issued by or under authority of the Department, permitting the performance of a specified act or acts;
(4) "Person" means any natural person, corporation partnership, association, or governmental unit; and
(5) "Long term operating agreement" means any current or future agreement between the Division and a private or government entity for one year or longer where that entity agrees to operate and manage a facility or property.
Within State Trails and State Rivers that travel lands of diverse ownership, the rules in this Chapter apply only to segments within and on property managed by the Division.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑8; 143B-135.16;
Eff. January 1, 1983;
Amended Eff. May 1, 2010; August 1, 1988; October 1, 1984;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. December 16, 2014;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 12A .0105 Eff. April 1, 2017.