07 NCAC 13D .0106 ACQUISITION CRITERIA
(a) The statewide comprehensive outdoor recreation plan and the individual site master plan shall provide the basis of department decision making on the acquisition of land for the statewide outdoor park and recreation system.
(b) The criteria which the SCORP has identified as being the key consideration in the potential acquisition of park or recreation sites are:
(1) statewide significance of the site;
(2) scenic beauty of the site;
(3) outdoor recreation potential of the site;
(4) unsatisfied recreation demands;
(5) the extent to which the various regions of the state are presently served;
(6) the goal of a balanced system including state parks, state recreation areas, state trails, state natural and scenic rivers, and state nature preserves;
(7) the need for preservation of the site.
(c) All these criteria are considered of equal weight and significance.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-135.16;
Eff. February 1, 1976;
Amended Eff. October 1, 1984;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 12D .0106 Eff. April 1, 2017.