07 NCAC 13H .0105 NATURAL HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
(a) The Natural Heritage Advisory Committee shall be composed of nine members appointed by the Secretary, in accordance with G.S. 143B-135.256(6).
(b) The Natural Heritage Advisory Committee shall:
(1) advise and make recommendations to the Department on inventory and evaluation of natural areas;
(2) review and make recommendations for registration, acquisition, and dedication of natural areas and nature preserves by the Department;
(3) review and make recommendations on Department priorities and plans for the selection of particular natural areas for State acquisition and for designation of nature preserves;
(4) review and make recommendations on master plans, management plans, and other plans and proposals for development and use of lands administered by the Department;
(5) advise the Secretary on policies and rules governing management, protection, and use of registered natural areas and dedicated nature preserves by the Department;
(6) advise and consult with the Secretary and Department staff on policies and programs relating to preservation of natural diversity and outstanding natural areas in the state; and
(7) consult and coordinate with other public agencies, conservation organizations, and scientific bodies on matters concerning natural diversity inventory and natural areas identification, acquisition, management, and dedication.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-10; 143B-135.256;
Eff. April 4, 1979;
Amended Eff. January 1, 1986; October 1, 1984; March 1, 1983; August 30, 1980;
Readopted Eff. March 1, 2017;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 12H .0105 Eff. April 1, 2017.