07 NCAC 13I .0202 SITE EVALUATION
In assessing natural features, each site shall be evaluated with respect to:
(1) presence of natural features, not adequately represented in other protected natural areas;
(2) diversity of native flora and fauna;
(3) quality and condition of natural features;
(4) viability and self‑sufficiency of the natural ecosystem when properly managed;
(5) extent to which past disturbances have altered the natural features;
(6) degree of vulnerability to disturbances and encroachments;
(7) capability of being managed so as to protect and maintain natural conditions;
(8) compatibility of protective management practices with current use of adjacent lands;
(9) scientific and educational value.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑3; 113‑8; 143B‑10; 143B‑135.16;
Eff. August 15, 1981;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 12I .0202 Eff. April 1, 2017.