07 NCAC 14C .0102 CRITERIA
Acquisition and disposition of animals by the zoo should follow the following criteria:
(1) goals and objectives of the zoo;
(2) physical capacity of existing zoo facilities;
(3) responsibilities of the zoo as an agency of state government;
(4) the zoo's special humane, social, educational, scientific, and conservation obligations as a member of the zoological community;
(5) fiscal acquisition cost at "fair return" factors associated with each transaction; and
(6) animal and public health considerations.
History Note: Authority G.S. 113‑264(a);
Eff. July 15, 1978;
Transferred w/change from T15.12E Eff. August 1, 1982;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 22C .0102 Eff. April 1, 2017.