07 NCAC 14C .0103 DELEGATION
Pursuant to Rules 4 and 12x on pages 41 and 50 of the Purchasing Manual (State of North Carolina, Department of Administration, Purchase and Contract Division, revised edition, 1972), the state purchasing officer specifically delegates to the zoo director appointed by the Secretary the authority to acquire and to dispose of zoological animals, subject to the following provisions:
(1) The department shall furnish an inventory of all animals along with a copy of each additional transaction to the Division of Purchase and Contract, Department of Administration.
(2) The department shall send checks received in payment for the transfer of any animal to the state Surplus Property Agency. After processing, that agency will return the checks to the department, and will send a record to the State Auditor.
(3) Any disputes or controversies arising from this procedure are to be brought to the attention of the state purchasing officer for his consideration as to appropriate action.
(4) When acting under this delegated authority, the department and the zoo shall comply with good practice and with legal requirements.
(5) The authority delegated shall not adversely affect any state contract for the purchase of various goods and services.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143‑60; 143B‑10(j); 143B‑368;
Eff. July 15, 1978;
Transferred w/change from T15.12E Eff. August 1, 1982;
Transferred from 15A NCAC 22C .0103 Eff. April 1, 2017.