SECTION .0600 - RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OFFICE OF STATE BUDGET AND MANAGEMENT
09 NCAC 03M .0601 Office of State Budget and Management Responsibilities
The Office of State Budget and Management shall:
(1) Provide consultation to agencies as to whether grantees have complied with the required reporting requirements.
(2) Consult with agencies to ensure that all grantees found in noncompliance have their funding ceased immediately upon that determination and ensure that no further funding will be provided until the grantee is in compliance.
(3) Maintain a Suspension of Funding list readily accessible to any interested party that identifies any grantee found in noncompliance. This list shall serve as notice to other agencies that no further State grant funding may be provided to that grantee.
(4) Maintain a Community Resources Information System database to record grant documentation required by this Subchapter.
(5) In conjunction with the grantor agency, ensure reporting requirements have been met prior to the removal of any grantee from the Suspension of Funding listing. A grantee found in noncompliance may appeal to the Office of State Budget and Management for corrective action and reinstatement from the Suspension of Funding list. Once removed from the Suspension of Funding list, the grantee is eligible for current and future grants of State funds.
(6) Take administrative action, when the Director of Budget finds that the grantee has spent or encumbered State funds for an unauthorized purpose, which includes reporting criminal violations to the Attorney General and the State Bureau of Investigation.
(7) If the grant funds are a pass-through of funds granted by an agency of the United States, consult with the granting agency of the United States and the State agency that is the recipient of the pass-through funds prior to taking actions authorized by this Subchapter.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143C-6-22; 143C-6-23;
Eff. July 1, 2005.