09 NCAC 06D .0102 DATA REQUEST PROCESS
(a) In order to initiate a Request for a Report from the System, a Requestor must complete an Education Longitudinal Data System Report Request Form located at: https://it.nc.gov/services/nc-gdac. The Requestor shall submit the form through the website, by emailing it to email@example.com, or by mailing a hard copy to the following address: Government Data Analytics Center, 4101 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-4101.
(b) The Requestor shall include the following information in the Request form:
(1) the name of the Requestor individual and his or her contact information;
(2) the name of the organization for whom the Requestor is making the Request on behalf of, if applicable;
(3) whether or not the Requestor, or the organization the Requestor is making the Request on behalf of, is considered a public official as defined under 20 C.F.R. 603.2(d);
(4) the categories or types of Data needed to generate the Reports being requested, such as data pertaining to students who graduated high school in 2013 who were students in the University of North Carolina School System in 2014;
(5) the purposes for which the Requestor will utilize the Reports; and
(6) to whom or in what medium the Requestor plans to publish research based on or interpretations of the Report.
(c) Requestors who receive data shall:
(1) store Reports on servers or media utilizing safeguards based on nationally accepted standards, including those published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST);
(2) comply with all Applicable Law and the Requestor data sharing agreement in storing and using the Reports; and
(3) use a data destruction policy based on nationally accepted standards, including NIST standards, to destroy the Report after it has served the Requestor's stated purpose if the Report contains de-identified but not aggregated workforce data from the Division of Employment Security.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-1321(a)(16); 116E-4(b);
Eff. January 1, 2021.