SECTION .0300 ‑ PRIORITY FOR THE RECEIPT OF BLOCK GRANT SERVICES
10A NCAC 05G .0301 DEFINITIONS
As used in this Subchapter, the following terms shall have the meaning specified:
(1) "Activities of daily living" means functions which include: eating; dressing; bathing; toileting; bowel and bladder control; transfers; ambulation; and communication; such as speaking; writing; signing and communication devices.
(2) "Abuse" means:
(a) The willful: infliction of injury; unreasonable confinement; or intimidation; or
(b) Punishment with resulting harm, pain, or mental anguish; or
(c) Deprivation by a caregiver of goods or services which are necessary to avoid physical harm, mental anguish, or mental illness.
(3) "Exploitation" means the commission of a crime by a caretaker by using the resources of an older adult for monetary or personal benefit, profit, or gain.
(4) "Instrumental activities of daily living" means functions which include: meal preparation, medication intake, cleaning, money management, laundering, reading, shopping and going to necessary activities.
(5) "Neglect" means the failure to provide for oneself the goods or services which are necessary to avoid physical harm, mental anguish, or mental illness or the failure of a caretaker to provide such goods or services.
(6) "Older adult" means an individual 60 years of age or older.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑181.1;
Eff. September 1, 1992;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 23, 2015.