10A NCAC 05G .0302 CLIENT PRIORITIES FOR RECEIPT OF SERVICES
(a) Once service providers have determined that individuals meet eligibility criteria for a given Home and Community Care Block Grant for Older Adults service, individuals shall be served in the following priority order:
(1) Older adults for whom the need for Adult Protective Services has been substantiated by the local department of social services and the service is needed as part of the adult protective service plan.
(2) Older adults who are at risk of abuse, neglect, or exploitation.
(3) Older adults with three or more impairments in activities of daily living (ADL's), or instrumental activities of daily living (IADL's), who are at risk of institutionalization substitute care.
(4) Older adults with three or more ADL or IADL impairments.
(5) Older adults with no more than two ADL or IADL impairments.
(6) Well older adults.
(b) Service providers must establish a process to screen prospective clients for the purpose of determining priority for receipt of service(s) in accordance with the criteria specified in 10A NCAC 05G .0302(a).
(c) Agencies providing Home and Community Care Block Grant services will address targeting preferences specified in the Older Americans Act as a part of outreach activities to older adults.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑181.1;
Eff. August 3, 1992;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 23, 2015.