10A NCAC 05I .0202 Initial and annual reviews
(a) Upon initiation of the provision of the service(s) subject to consumer contributions and at least annually thereafter, the service providing agency shall review with each client determined eligible to receive services subject to consumer contributions the following information:
(1) that the contribution is entirely voluntary and that there is no obligation to contribute;
(2) that all contributions collected shall be used to expand the service(s);
(3) that information about the client's participation in consumer contributions shall be confidential;
(4) who should be contacted, including the telephone number, if the client has questions regarding consumer contributions;
(5) the total cost of the service (actual or per unit); and
(6) that services shall not be reduced or terminated for failure to contribute.
(b) The agency shall provide a copy of the Recommended Contribution Schedule from the North Carolina Division of Aging and Adult Services to a client whose income is above the Federal poverty level. The agency shall not provide the Recommended Contribution Schedule to clients whose incomes are at or below the Federal poverty level.
(c) The agency shall document in the client's file that the above information has been shared with the client or the designated representative.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑181.1 (a) (10); 143B‑181.1 (c); 42 U.S.C. 3001; 45 C.F.R. 1321.67;
Eff. July 1, 1992;
Amended Eff. September 1, 2005;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. May 23, 2015.