SECTION .0200 ‑ CLIENT ELIGIBILITY
10A NCAC 06A .0201 ELIGIBILITY FOR IN‑HOME AIDE SERVICES
(a) Persons eligible for services must be 60 years of age or older, live at home, and have home management or personal care needs, or both.
(b) Persons served must be in need of the service for all of the following reasons:
(1) the person is unable to carry out one or more tasks essential to the activities of daily living (ADL's) or instrumental activities of daily living (IADL's);
(2) the person needs help with these tasks in order to remain in his own home; and
(3) a responsible person is not available to perform these tasks or the primary caregiver needs relief.
(c) Persons must be served in the following order of priority:
(1) older adults for whom the need for Adult Protective Services has been substantiated and the service is needed as part of the adult protective services plan;
(2) older adults who are at risk of abuse, neglect, or exploitation;
(3) older adults with extensive ADL or IADL impairments who are at risk of placement in substitute care;
(4) older adults with three or more ADL or IADL impairments; and
(5) older adults with one or two ADL or IADL impairments.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑181.1(c); 143B‑181.9A;
Eff. December 1, 1991;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.