10A NCAC 06A .0303 IN‑HOME AIDE SERVICE PLAN
(a) Each client must have an In‑Home Aide Service Plan which is based on the initial assessment and regular reassessments.
(b) The In‑Home Aide Service Plan must include:
(1) measureable client outcome goals;
(2) In‑Home Aide Service level or levels to be provided;
(3) specific tasks to be performed;
(4) frequency of service provision;
(5) anticipated duration of the service; conditions for continuing or discontinuing service;
(6) signature of client or designated person indicating agreement with the service plan;
(7) signature of agency's professional staff developing the service plan; and
(8) a physician's signature if required by a specific funding source.
(c) All changes in tasks must be documented and dated on the In‑Home Aide Service Plan by the responsible professional.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B‑181.1(c); 143B‑181.9A;
Eff. December 1, 1991;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.