10A NCAC 06C .0102 SERVICE PROVISION
Any agency offering Information and Assistance shall have the capacity and capability to provide all of the following functions:
(1) Assess/Evaluate: Determine the immediate problem or concern of the individual; probe for other problems or concerns.
(2) Inform: Provide individuals with information related to the assessed problems or concerns on services and opportunities available within the community.
(3) Refer: Link the individual with the service or provide information on how to access or connect with available services.
(4) Research: Locate information requested, but not immediately available, relevant to meeting the individual's needs.
(5) Plan: Assist individual in identifying the desired outcome(s) and method(s) for obtaining what the individuals needs.
(6) Coordinate: Directly connect the individual to the service desired; monitor on a short-term basis the person's success in making the connection to needed services.
(7) Follow-up: Re-contact the individual or service provider to determine the outcome of the situation and provide additional services if requested.
(8) Advocate: Intervene on behalf of an individual or a group of individuals in an effort to obtain a positive change in the availability or delivery of one or more essential services.
History Note: Authority G.S. 143B-181.1(c); 143B-181.1(a)(11);
Eff. July 18, 2002;
Pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A, rule is necessary without substantive public interest Eff. September 6, 2016.